Thread: wireless internet has become really slow

Beans

wireless internet has become really slow

i have installed ubuntu 12.04 lts on to my asus x58l laptop and for the last 6 months pretty much everything has worked spot on straight of the box, however, suddenly, two days ago the internet has got so slow it was worse than 56k modem! however it's fine on my other machines and also when i connect the asus by wire its fine. i have tried a lot of the suggestions to do with ipv6 and turning power saving off, but none have made any real difference. As a last try i have now gone up to 12.10 and still no luck.

Beans

Re: wireless internet has become really slow

Hi, would anybody be able to offer some advice or help with as it has become pretty much unusable and am having to resort to using my phone to access the internet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Need far more info. Please read this sticky at top of page to post required info, else have no data to know where to start.

Beans

hi, thanks for getting back to me and sorry i had'nt posted enough info.
    After some more digging and poking, the fault seems to have been with the modem, as everything now appears to running ok.

I had thought fault layed with the laptop as my other devices connected wirelessly to the modem worked as normal and so did the laptop when using a wired connection?!

I will keep an eye this for 24 hrs and if all is still ok i'll mark it as solved.

many thanks anyway.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Glad it's working out and welcome to the forums.