ubiquity (2.13.17) raring; urgency=low
* Remove webcam step (LP: #1118589):
- User testing showed people are not expecting to be photographed and
raise privacy concerns as to where the picture will be uploaded to.
- Provides limited benefit, as avatar only ever shown on multi-login
systems in the switch user indicator / pkexec.
- Crashes the installer or doesn't work with certain webcams.
- Miss detects camera presence, when it's just a sensor.
- The recommendation is to move webcam test to checkbox / hw testing,
as video conferencing is very popular these days and should work
reliably out of the box.
- LP: #924419 , LP: #981644 , LP: #987392, LP: #1152254, LP: #843354,
LP: #1008204, LP: #1021449, LP: #1082458, LP: #1103780, LP: #1142751
* Do not count optional pages, when updating the progress dots. This
fixes "Porgress dots, well don't progress after partman step"
* Do not mark explanatory text on "Installation Type" screen
insensitive, as otherwise it's ineligible (LP: #1074386)
-- Dmitrijs Ledkovs <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:17:51 +0000