Thread: Desktop Graphics

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Desktop Graphics

I'm running 12.10 and using the onboard intel graphics - reported as Intel ivybridge /desktop. My wife dowloaded the attached pdf file and it has a large black rectangle on it. I downloaded it from my 12.04 machine (sandybridge intel chip) and the black rectangle is not there. I copied the 'good' file from my Desktop to hers and (magically) the black rectangle appears. So it was nothing to do with the original pdf file she downloaded. For some reason, when this pdf file is placed on her Desktop it appears (viewed via nautilus, document viewer, gimp, etc) with a black rectangle. What should I start looking at to see what is causing his problem?
    Last edited by oldfred; April 1st, 2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Graphic removed at OP's request

Beans
    Distro

Re: Need Hekp - Desktop Graphics

Interestingly I've just copied two pdf files from my machine to wifes and they appear OK on her Desktop so this looks like file specific. I convertd the pdf to jpg on my machine and them transferred it and it reads OK which is what I was expecting. However, if i transfer them to my wifes machine over own ntework or via usb stick they appear with the black rectangle on her Desktop.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Need Hekp - Desktop Graphics

bump

Beans
    Distro

Re: Desktop Graphics

bump

Beans
    Distro

last bump

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi

Interesting problem. I have to be honest and say that i have no idea what could be causing it.

What i would suggest is to try a different pdf viewer just to eliminate that.

Kind regards
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain