Thread: evolution and Yahoo

Beans

Smile evolution and Yahoo

Can I remove Evolution as my default and the plug ins that go with it and not harm the way my laptop runs now?

squakie is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: evolution and Yahoo

Since your title says "and Yahoo", I suspect there's more to this equation than just deleting your evolution account. Is your Yahoo mail all still net based, or does evolution actually download it to your PC (I don't use any mail except on-net - nothing local on my PC)? Are you wondering if you are going to lose your Yahoo mail if you remove your evolution account? Again, this all requires a little more information of what/how you are actually using your mail, then what exactly you want to do. Your post, while I'm sure it makes sense to you [I've been there ], but it is really vague to try to help you.

Beans

My yahoo is net based and my evolution just sits here doing nothing for me it wont send any e-mails that I try to write from it so I always have to go back to my yahoo account and that gets tedious if I'm trying to write to someone, by net based you mean do I have to sign in to my yahoo account from my web browser right? I have put my yahoo account on my tool bar so I can access it quicker.

squakie is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Yep - regular Yahoo mail where you sign in to Yahoo and do everything on the net If that is what you are using, I don't think evolution is set up to do that - I think that would require you to set up a POP account in evolution and I don't know if Yahoo lets you do that with a free account. A couple of years back I saw some hacks for doing this, but I don't know if they are legal so I would not recommend them. Don't worry about evolution - just remember that since you are using web-based email you just need to get online to do anything with it, and just don't use evolution. It's quite possible someone else may post something saying it can be done and how, but it would still require setting up a POP account in evolution.

Beans

OK Thanks I still have those old settings but why use them so I should just delete evolution from my laptop right?