Hi - hope you can help me.
Brand new Asus K55V laptop (Intel i5 CPU, 6 Gb RAM, one 500 Gb HDD ) with Windows 8 pre-installed.
Installed Ubuntu alonside Windows 8 and, initially...
- if BIOS configured to boot first from Windows, then OK but no Grub, therefore no Ubuntu
- if BIOS configured to boot first from Ubuntu, then I get Grub and boot to Ubuntu is OK, but selecting Windows from Grub not OK
- so if I pressed 'Esc' during reboot, I got a choice from BIOS where to boot from
- this would have been a tolerable solution ... except I ran boot repair, hoping to get Windows from Grub working, but ...
Now I've lost access to Windows altogether...
- boots to Grub and if I select Ubuntu then OK
- but if I select Windows it fails
- if I press 'Esc' to select boot from Windows, still fails - appears Windows boot info is corrupted (?)
I've tried numerous boot repairs, which has returned the following URLs (/paste.ubuntu.com/...)
I don't feel confident to play around with boot repair's advanced options (nor gparted for that matter).
Can you help?
I don't have any data in Windows 8 but I also do not have an installation disc. I'd really like to have a dual boot machine.
Let me know if you need any further info. I really hope you can help me.
Thanks - David
PS New to Ubuntu but have it on my desktop with no problems and love it. But not quite ready yet to completely abandon Windows.