Thread: Need my old account back

Beans

Need my old account back

Hi, I can't sign in to my old account:

http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=808319

I created it back in the days when you were still on phpBB or whatever it was. I've tried requesting the password but it just doesn't work. Also, the username is now eliasalucard for some reason, not sure why, but could some administrator please change it to EliasAlucard? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Need my old account back

This thread may be better in the resolution center so thread moved.
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I've sent you a password reminder to the e-mail address associated with the account.

Please PM me with the e-mail address you believe is associated and I will check that.

Beans

^^ Didn't get any password reminder. You've got PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I've received the PMs - we'll get back to you in the near future.

Beans

Any other admin I could discuss this with? Elfy was useless and of no help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I have seen, as have all the admins, the extensive pm correspondence that you had with Elfy. You were unable to provide any information that would show that you are the person who registered the eliasalucard account. Therefore we can do nothing to enable you to use it.

Far from being "useless", Elfy took considerable trouble to see if you could provide the information we need. I remind you of this part of the forum Code of Conduct to which you agreed when you created your forum account:

Respect the Forum Staff: We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently. We are all volunteers. Feedback is welcome in Forum Feedback & Help and this is also the place to request assistance with forum software issues. If you believe an error has been made in moderation or other staff actions, please post politely in the Resolution Center and help us understand your perspective.
    Note "politely". Is there anything else you wish to say before I decide if any further action need be taken?
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.