Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,140
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Did today's updates fix this problem? It doesn't seem to be broken any more. I have never been able to maximize a windows and then minimize it, but I can now just like it is supposed to work.

    Also I believe gedit opening two tabs with gksudo gedit filename seems to be fixed as well. I tried that several tlimes as well. It's a good day. I need to check some of my other distros.



    Nope Raring is still the same but, I am sure it will get this update soon.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; July 14th, 2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added last line
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    12,927

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Did today's updates fix this problem? It doesn't seem to be broken any more. I have never been able to maximize a windows and then minimize it, but I can now just like it is supposed to work.

    Also I believe gedit opening two tabs with gksudo gedit filename seems to be fixed as well. I tried that several tlimes as well. It's a good day. I need to check some of my other distros.



    Nope Raring is still the same but, I am sure it will get this update soon.
    Nothing has changed as far as compiz, otherwise don't know as rarely could make it happen anyway.

    As far as gedit - that 2 tab deal went away in gedit 3.7+ so no longer an issue in 13.10, would still exist in prior releases that use an older gedit.
    (gksu is no longer default installed, users would need to do so as no alt. like pkexec has been implemented yet. It's possible that on amd64 gksu will yet again install with wrong default mode, su vs. sudo

    Here i've just gone ahead & switched nautilus & gedit over to pkexec, gdebi is much more complicated so that's up to the dev to switch or not.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,140
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Nothing has changed as far as compiz, otherwise don't know as rarely could make it happen anyway.

    As far as gedit - that 2 tab deal went away in gedit 3.7+ so no longer an issue in 13.10, would still exist in prior releases that use an older gedit.
    (gksu is no longer default installed, users would need to do so as no alt. like pkexec has been implemented yet. It's possible that on amd64 gksu will yet again install with wrong default mode, su vs. sudo

    Here i've just gone ahead & switched nautilus & gedit over to pkexec, gdebi is much more complicated so that's up to the dev to switch or not.
    It definitely only happens in Gnome Fallback/Flashback.
    Yes, SPM just messed up so it must still not be fixed. I seen grub, gedit and I thought I saw compiz in the updates but, compiz must have just been my imagination.
    Do you think they will put gedit 3.7+ in 13.04 and 12.10 as that is a major pain?

    I know apt-cache policy file-name will tell you what is installed, what is installable and the package it came from but, is there a way to tell a file's installation date?
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    12,927

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Do you think they will put gedit 3.7+ in 13.04 and 12.10 as that is a major pain?
    Never in the Ubuntu repos for those releases

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,140
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Never in the Ubuntu repos for those releases
    Thanks! I think I'll do what it takes to get the newer version into those.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    12,927

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Thanks! I think I'll do what it takes to get the newer version into those.
    Well the gnome3 ppa would have the 3.8 gedit for raring, after that you're on your own (maybe I remember you don't like ppa's ??
    Myself just use, as mentioned, pkexec, which isn't affected, have gedit packages for 12.04, 13.04 & something a bit more for 13.10 (intergrated the geditas nautilus python extension & extended it's mimetypes

    (someone recently emailed me asking if I'd put the precise & raring builds in a standalone ppa so will do so.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,140
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Well the gnome3 ppa would have the 3.8 gedit for raring, after that you're on your own (maybe I remember you don't like ppa's ??
    Myself just use, as mentioned, pkexec, which isn't affected, have gedit packages for 12.04, 13.04 & something a bit more for 13.10 (intergrated the geditas nautilus python extension & extended it's mimetypes

    (someone recently emailed me asking if I'd put the precise & raring builds in a standalone ppa so will do so.
    I changed my mind and decided to just leave it alone.
    I had already added this workaround someone mentioned on the bug to .bashrc:

    Code:
    # gksudo gedit opening 2 tabs fix
    gksudo ()
    {
     if [ "$1" = "gedit" ]
     then
      shift
      gksudo gksudo gedit "$@"
     else
      command gksudo "$@"
     fi
    }
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,140
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    I'm pretty sure the recent compiz updates fixed the windows bar not being clickable.
    I made terminal maximized and could close it with the x on the top.

    Does any one agree and can confirm this?
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,140
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Spoke too soon. I can confirm that it is not fixed.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Beans
    90
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Seems that now this bug is fixed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •