Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73

Thread: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Beans
    2

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Same for me I've to hightlight first the window that I need to close,minimize or maximize.
    My session is cairo dock with compiz WM.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Milky Way
    Beans
    34

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    This NEEDS to get fixed! So annoying!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Beans
    2

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by zesterer View Post
    This NEEDS to get fixed! So annoying!
    Yes I totally agree with you !

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Beans
    1

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Same going on here. It can get frustrating. It's been a year and it has not been fixed yet

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,277
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    There appears to be a fix on it's way. Have you all marked this bug applies to you?

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1158267

    In the bottom of that bug is listed a fix for the problem https://code.launchpad.net/~mar-koly.../+merge/167596

    But, although it is a pain I think I'll hold out for a permanent fix which should be out shortly as the bug is marked critical.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    13,062

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    There appears to be a fix on it's way. Have you all marked this bug applies to you?

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1158267

    In the bottom of that bug is listed a fix for the problem https://code.launchpad.net/~mar-koly.../+merge/167596

    But, although it is a pain I think I'll hold out for a permanent fix which should be out shortly as the bug is marked critical.
    We'll see how quick
    The small proposed fix has not been merged (staus - needs fixing), what's come out of that bug & a couple of similar *was* the intention to redo the deco plugin. That itself depended on creating some tests first which was done in a recent large commit to compiz trunk
    Unfortunately that commit (which was reviewed, somehow accepted & merged), has created an even worse problem - shrinking windows.
    (- unmaxed windows will shrink on each re-opening by the size of the frame extents - for ex. with light-themes 29px vertically, 2 px horizontally. This would go on till the window reaches it's min. size
    So I'd think that needs to be fixed before you see any 'fixed' compiz packages

    1198000

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,277
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    There appears to be a fix on it's way. Have you all marked this bug applies to you?

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1158267

    In the bottom of that bug is listed a fix for the problem https://code.launchpad.net/~mar-koly.../+merge/167596

    But, although it is a pain I think I'll hold out for a permanent fix which should be out shortly as the bug is marked critical.

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    We'll see how quick
    The small proposed fix has not been merged (staus - needs fixing), what's come out of that bug & a couple of similar *was* the intention to redo the deco plugin. That itself depended on creating some tests first which was done in a recent large commit to compiz trunk
    Unfortunately that commit (which was reviewed, somehow accepted & merged), has created an even worse problem - shrinking windows.
    (- unmaxed windows will shrink on each re-opening by the size of the frame extents - for ex. with light-themes 29px vertically, 2 px horizontally. This would go on till the window reaches it's min. size
    So I'd think that needs to be fixed before you see any 'fixed' compiz packages

    1198000
    Ouch! Plus this bug affects Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04, 13.10 as well as Mint 15 and I would have to assume Mint 14 as well. The only version unaffected are LTS versions Precise 12.04 and Mint 13.
    So, one would think this would have been on the front burner a long time ago.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,277
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    I was incorrect about 12.10. It is not affected by this bug. Although you may have to click the close button more than once on a fully maximized window. It will close unlike all of the other versions I mentioned.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    13,062

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    There is now a fix for the shrinking windows so while not yet merged (small jenkins issue), there should be a newer compiz soon. After that maybe something concerning this bug.

    Though in a default unity session have found very hard to duplicate, only once & a rare while with vlc. Seems more likely to occur in gnome panel style sessions & or other ubuntu variants

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,277
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    There is now a fix for the shrinking windows so while not yet merged (small jenkins issue), there should be a newer compiz soon. After that maybe something concerning this bug.

    Though in a default unity session have found very hard to duplicate, only once & a rare while with vlc. Seems more likely to occur in gnome panel style sessions & or other ubuntu variants
    I would agree that it is a gnome issue as I seldom get into Unity and have the problem with every single open maximized windows.
    Once maximizied, it can only be minimized or closed by right clicking on the application in the bottom panel and selecting the opion there.

    Myself, I haven't been in Unity long enough to see if it does it there. A bug fix for this will be greatly appreciated by many people.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •