Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: automatic updates?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Beans
    75

    automatic updates?

    Hello to all,


    Want to configure automatic updates, How is updates configured to notify automatically through system tray? Current settings displayed below.

    [IMG][/IMG]


    Thank you kindly


    Traxster
    Last edited by Traxster; March 25th, 2013 at 02:26 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    3,037
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: automatic updates?

    What exactly is your problem? From your screenshot, updates are configured to be automatically checked daily and you should already get a notification about available updates.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Beans
    75

    Re: automatic updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2F4U View Post
    What exactly is your problem? From your screenshot, updates are configured to be automatically checked daily and you should already get a notification about available updates.

    I am not receiving any notifications that I can see. Where are these notifications suppose to appear?


    Thank-you kindly

    traxster

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    12o4/14o4
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: automatic updates?

    Just maybe you are up to date. Check in terminal.

    Code:
    sudo apt-get update

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    K-o-T,
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: automatic updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by Traxster View Post
    I am not receiving any notifications that I can see. Where are these notifications suppose to appear?


    Thank-you kindly

    traxster
    A Launcher should appear in the Unity Launcher Bar

    Good Luck
    Hypertension = Take with a pinch of salt
    | Psychocats | Ubuntu Documentation | Howto [Solved] | BBcode list | Brother Website |

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    INDY
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: automatic updates?

    Scroll down the launcher, that's where mine show up?????
    Castles Made of Sand,
    Fall in the Sea,
    Eventually!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Beans
    75

    Re: automatic updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    Just maybe you are up to date. Check in terminal.

    Code:
    sudo apt-get update

    I apologize for not being clear enough from the beginning. Updates, including some security and kernel updates have been forthcoming almost daily. I have already done about 5 manual updates from software updater. As you saw on the print screen of my original post, I have configured to notify me automatically, however, I have not seen any notifications at all. Where are these notifications suppose to appear.


    thank- you kindly

    traxster

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Beans
    75

    Re: automatic updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by plucky View Post
    A Launcher should appear in the Unity Launcher Bar

    Good Luck
    And where is that or how do you activate it?

    thank-you kindly

    traxster

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Beans
    7,493
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: automatic updates?

    It seems that you have everything set up as it should be. The system will check for updates a few minutes after Ubuntu has loaded. I cannot say how many minutes after it will check as I have never timed it but it does not happen immediately.

    If there are updates available an icon will appear in the Launcher which we need to click to activate Update Manager.

    Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Beans
    75

    Re: automatic updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    It seems that you have everything set up as it should be. The system will check for updates a few minutes after Ubuntu has loaded. I cannot say how many minutes after it will check as I have never timed it but it does not happen immediately.

    If there are updates available an icon will appear in the Launcher which we need to click to activate Update Manager.

    Regards.
    Got it. I have been looking for it on the system tray up in the top right hand corner like in older versions of Ubuntu.


    I appreciate everyone's help.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •