Thread: customization problems

Beans

customization problems

well ive tried to get custom desktop themes in ubuntu, but working with gnome shell is a real headache, as i dont really know how to do it and i prefer the unity desktop shells "feel". anyway im looking for any customization guides for anything from desktop themes and using your own startup tone, to how to download and install custom cursors/icon thumbnails, and to be honest NOTHING i have tried worked aside from getting the default gnome desktop shell

Beans

Re: customization problems

To clarify, are you using Unity or Gnome-Shell? They are two different things and you are mixing them in your question. Just want to confirm either.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: customization problems

Quote Originally Posted by jofadda View Post
    well ive tried to get custom desktop themes in ubuntu, but working with gnome shell is a real headache, as i dont really know how to do it and i prefer the unity desktop shells "feel". anyway im looking for any customization guides for anything from desktop themes and using your own startup tone, to how to download and install custom cursors/icon thumbnails, and to be honest NOTHING i have tried worked aside from getting the default gnome desktop shell
    Good morning

Have a quick look at this site to see if any themes/icons are suitable?

http://www.noobslab.com/2011/11/them...110-unity.html