Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: removing malware through linux

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Beans
    21

    Question removing malware through linux

    A trojan called Torntv.com is on my computer (my fault *insert feels dumb face*). How do I remove it 100% through linux as windows is dead on my computer?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Porirua, New Zealand
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: removing malware through linux

    Most of the early google results I've looked at assume a functioning copy of Windows.

    One page suggests removing C:\Program Files\TornTV.com if present, though I don't know if that will be enough.
    Last edited by lisati; March 19th, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,815

    Re: removing malware through linux

    Quote Originally Posted by lolful64 View Post
    A trojan called Torntv.com is on my computer (my fault *insert feels dumb face*). How do I remove it 100% through linux as windows is dead on my computer?
    download https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk burn it, boot to it, clean, reboot.
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Beans
    21

    Re: removing malware through linux

    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    download https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk burn it, boot to it, clean, reboot.
    I'll give it a try but I haven't got much hope, kaspersky has failed me in the past.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,815

    Re: removing malware through linux

    Quote Originally Posted by lolful64 View Post
    I'll give it a try but I haven't got much hope, kaspersky has failed me in the past.
    well use a different boot disk then, it was used as an example, there are many.
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •