Re: Grub set it delay of 1 and cannot load xubuntu to fix it!
I gave this a shot and you wouldn't believe the bad luck I was having.
Originally Posted by steeldriver
- I could not find my usb with xubuntu boot-loader on it
- I found a usb with Ubuntu boot-loader on it so I plugged it into the computer and got a xubuntu boot-loader installer running
- As I waited patiently I found that I was using an ancient USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port: can you get any slower?!
- It finally finished and I booted my computer with it.
- I hit ctrl + alt + t and the explorer process broke
- My faulty USB shifted slightly and it disconnected, stopping the process from restarting or anything from working.
- I tried to shut down the computer safely and it ended up in an endless loop.
- I was forced to hold the power button down until it went off.
- The bootloader was then broken.
I guess I better give this another shot...
But USB is such a slow connection...
I accidentally erased my hard drive and windows in my first ever attempt at installing Ubuntu.