Thread: FEZ game will come to Linux

Hybrid View

Beans

Cool FEZ game will come to Linux

Hey, good news!!

Phil Fish, co-creator of FEZ just announced on reddit there will be a Linux version.
    -FEZ is coming out on steam PC on may 1 -mac and linux versions to eventually follow -we're working with sony on bringing FEZ to PSN and VITA -and we're also working with OUYA on port for that -iOs also highly probable
    Eventually there will be a DRM-free version via Humble Bundle. ^^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: FEZ game will come to Linux

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes zomg yes i've been wanting to play this forever
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I played this game on my friend's Xbox. I can't wait for this one!

Beans

Been waiting for this to happen, thanks for the update.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Kinda convenient I see this thread right after reading one on GameFAQs about the co-creator himself.

I've never seen or played Fez before, but after seeing how arrogant and steeped in opinions the guy is on Twitter, (Can't quote any of it because of the unprofessional language, though.) I don't even care to bother looking into it.

For once, a game coming over to the Linux side of things doesn't excite my inner geek in the slightest. It might be a good game, regardless, so I won't by any means douse the fun for people who love and play the game, or anyone else on the dev team who helped make Fez a reality. Although personally, stuff like this kills a game for me; especially an indie game where you expect the developers to be doing it solely because they have a strong passion for games, and not because they have an ego to inflate.

So I think I'll pass on this one. I'll save my money for Skull Girls when that's released, and then Freedom Planet or Shantae Risky's Revenge, when those games are finally greenlit on Steam.

Beans

Hi johnluke728,

Phil's modals are not exemplary, but he is not bad guy. Much stress I guess.

I met FEZ in Indie Game: The Movie 100% recommended