Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: loading Ubuntu OS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: loading Ubuntu OS

Quote Originally Posted by dozoclown View Post
    I'm just going to wait untill Raring has been out longer!!!
    Raring is not out yet. You're using a preview version (probably a beta or daily build) which is intended for early testers and quality assurance. For release schedule, see the wiki page here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseSchedule

You're always welcome to file bugs and such, though

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I don't have a clear understanding to why I have to creat a disk. It seems there is something easy that I'm doing wrong.
    How are we supposed to get a copy and install Ubuntu unless we have a Ubuntu install DVD? I do not have a Windows OS. How would I install Windows unless I purchased a copy of Windows on a DVD?

I have been running Raring Ringtail since development work first started on it back in November. Install images of development releases are built every day. I have tested several install images of Raring Ringtail and up until last week ago I always needed to change the boot parameters using some of the F6 options. Other testers did not have this problem. As far as my machine is concerned the problem has been fixed but something like it may still exist as regards your machine. The F6 options have been a part of installing Ubuntu since before I started using it 5 years ago. There has always been a problem installing Linux on some machines.

As you do not explain how the installer is not working there is not much advice that can be given to you. We need to know the signs and symptoms of the problem.

Regards.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; March 19th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Hi dozoclown, welcome to testing. Sorry about the rudeness of some people here. There's a bug with Wubu 13.04. The installer doesn't work yet. I'd wait for it to be fixed before trying a Wubi install for 13.04. If you subscribe to the bug in the link below you should be informed by email when a fix is committed.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/wubi/+bug/1155704

I am the bug reporter and am interested in seeing this work too. The more testers we have the better. Please only add to the bug report if you experience issues relating to the original issue.
    Last edited by mr john; March 19th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dozoclown View Post
    It's a older pc (x60 lenovo tablet laptop). I just wanted to try Raring since it was new. I'm just going to wait untill Raring has been out longer!!!
    It is not out at all (late April). It is not released yet so problems are to be expected.

Beans

As I said I just wanted to try Raring since it was new. I just tried again and Raring loaded fine. I'm using it now! If it messed up something I have two other PC's I can use. Thank you all for your help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I am glad that you finally installed 13.04. Just remember to update it daily until its final release.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12