Thread: Configure Wacom Cintiq 15x

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Configure Wacom Cintiq 15x

I've been using a Wacom Cintiq 15x in place of my mouse, it worked on Ubuntu 12.04 by default the first time I tried it. Now though, I need to configure it properly but calibrating the screen/pen does not produce a perfect result through the system settings.

I'd like to know if there are certain drivers I need to have? I would try the ones that came with the screen but I can't find the disc anywhere.
    'its better to burn out than fade away'

Beans
    Distro

Re: Configure Wacom Cintiq 15x

Hi Son of MaxVK,

If it works then the drivers should be installed. Can you explain:
    calibrating the screen/pen does not produce a perfect result through the system settings
    in a bit more detail? I don't know what the problem you are having is.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi Son of MaxVK,

If it works then the drivers should be installed. Can you explain:

in a bit more detail? I don't know what the problem you are having is.
    In System Settings > Wacom Graphics Tablet there is an option to calibrate the pen to the screen. The screen goes white, crosses appear on the screen and you are meant to touch them with the pen to calibrate it.

I've done this a few times now, as accurately as I can, but each time the result is the same, my mouse it slightly lower than it is supposed to be making it a little awkward to use sometimes.
    'its better to burn out than fade away'

Beans
    Distro

my mouse it slightly lower than it is supposed to be making it a little awkward to use sometimes
    How big is the offset of the pointer arrow from the stylus tip? Is it relatively constant no matter where the stylus is on the Cintiq screen?

I'm trying to determine if you are seeing parallax because of your working position relative to the Cintiq or if it is something more.

Information on calibration is available here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...le=Calibration

It could be xinput_calibrator will give you better results or you may want to tweak your calibration manually.