Thread: ubuntu 12.10 live cd help

Beans

ubuntu 12.10 live cd help

hi there i have downloaded ubuntu 12.10 on to my windows xp computer it came up as a zip file i have unzipped it and i cant find the iso file to burn on to disc has anyone else had this problem and how did they go about solving it any help is welcome

thanks mike

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: ubuntu 12.10 live cd help

If you downloaded it from ubuntu.com, it is an ISO file, not a *.zip. See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Bu...g_from_Windows

Beans

it was the ubuntu.com. i got the file from but still no iso file. sorry i should of mentioned that. i have never had any trouble before with this before this really has me confused. i have just tried to download 12.04 and its just doing the same coming up as a .zip file

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Try downloading from here

http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Do you have winzip installed by any chance?

Winzip automatically associates itself with .iso files, making them open with winzip when double-clicked.
    If you take a close look you should find that the files you downloaded are iso files, you just need to open them with a burning application rather than winzip.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mikecampbell125 View Post
    it was the ubuntu.com. i got the file from but still no iso file. sorry i should of mentioned that. i have never had any trouble before with this before this really has me confused. i have just tried to download 12.04 and its just doing the same coming up as a .zip file
    There are no *zip file Ubuntu downloads from ubuntu.com, only ISOs and *torrent files that download the same ISOs. When you say "coming up as a zip" I can only assume the program you're using to look at the ISO with incorrectly identifies it. If you look at the link I posted earlier it suggests a Windows program you can use to burn the ISO to a DVD.