Thread: fubuntu - any opinions?

Beans

fubuntu - any opinions?

Hi everyone!

I recently gave up on my crunchbang endeavours and started to look around. I really like the look and feel of Fubuntu. However, I have had some problems with my previous crunchbang (debian) distro when I want to copy text to a telnet session.

The problem was unique, I have some templates that I use to quickly get testing equipment up to deployment level. These templates include some irregular spacing, which works completely fine using Putty in Windows. Some of these double and triple spaces become a 'B' when I paste it to putty in debian. Do you know if this will be the same case for Ubuntu or Fubuntu?

Lastly, what is your opinion about Fubuntu?

Kind regards,
    Roob

Beans

Re: fubuntu - any opinions?

Thread moved to "Other OS/Distro" talk.

Beans

Red face Re: fubuntu - any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post
    Thread moved to "Other OS/Distro" talk.
    Apologies!

Beans

Fuduntu is ok. The only reservation I have is that it contains LAMP elements but - as far as I know - it isn't possible to set up a full LAMP on it.

It uses Gnome 2 which is ok but I can't help but think there's a niche for a distro that is basically Mint but with Fedora underneath i.e. it would have all the codecs and cinnamon but would just be Fedora underneath it all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If someone is fixated on Gnome 2, Fuduntu, in my experience with it, makes a lot more sense than MATE or any of the other rapidly aging Gnome 2 distributions'

Fuduntu began a few years ago more or less as a Fedora spin. But, today, it is an independent distribution with its own repos. Fuduntu is not at all like the current Fedora release.

If you want Gnome 2 and contemporary applications, and you don't want the doubt, duplication and shakiness of MATE, consider Fuduntu.