Thread: Customize .desktop file to launch using optirun

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Question Customize .desktop file to launch using optirun

I recently got this laptop and found out that I indeed had the infamous Optimus chip. I installed Bumblebee and all seems to work pretty good. Now I want to be able to launch games using the optirun withoutusing the terminal. I figure the .desktop file could be changed to do this, but I'm not exactly sure how I need to edit the .desktop file to this.
    I'm sure this won't work...or will it?
    Code:
    Exec=optirun ~/Games/1.1.0.4/./assaultcube.sh
    I've found a couple of answers that point to the "fact" that it's possible, but no information on exactly how. Then it goes on to suggest using alacarte, which I don't want to install. One such answer was this one.

Any help is much appreciated. Hopefully it will also help others as well.
    Last edited by zer010; March 18th, 2013 at 12:39 AM. Reason: last minute thought
    HP Pavilion dv6, Core i3-3110M, 6GB RAM, nVIDIA Geforce GT 650M, 640GB HDD: Win7 / Xubuntu 13.10 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Lightbulb Re: Customize .desktop file to launch using optirun

Well, I guess it is just that simple. I'm not exactly sure it's really using the optirun command, but AC does start up and run like it's supposed to.

Code:
    Exec=optirun /home/zer0/Games/1.1.0.4/assaultcube.sh
    I guess I can mark this thread as "SOLVED". Isn't it nice when you answer your own question?
    HP Pavilion dv6, Core i3-3110M, 6GB RAM, nVIDIA Geforce GT 650M, 640GB HDD: Win7 / Xubuntu 13.10 64bit