Re: At Wits' End - AMD Catalyst Control Center
Thank you very much! This also worked for me so your translation is obviously quite good! Note that I had to:
Originally Posted by Ximaceo
- Choose the option to run in terminal (not just run) when I double-clicked, since it must be run as super user, and that way I am asked for the password at the appropriate time.
- I had to remove the Additional Drivers for I had already installed via the System Settings (there's an icon in the Unity launcher for that by default, but it can also be found by a seach in Dash home). I've added an image below.
- I also had to remove some stuff I had already tried with the wiki, using the command in the quote below.
An error message was returned, but apparently it worked anyway.
sudo apt-get purge fglrx*
EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is for an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series (5430) in an Arctic MC-001 with Precise Pangolin 12.04.
Last edited by Kixtosh; March 17th, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Intrepid User of Xubuntu & LXDE on:
(1) Dell Latitude, CPi R400GT, PII 400 MHz, 256MB SDRAM, 66MHz.
(2) Toshiba Portégé 3490CT, PIII 700 MHz, 256MB SDRAM, 100MHz.
Both using NETGEAR MA521 Wireless PCMCIA (no issues!).