Thread: Which Driver

Beans

Which Driver

Hi! I recently purchased a wifi card:
    Apple [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]Airport[/COLOR][/COLOR] Extreme PCI Wireless Card For PowerMac G3 G4 G5 New

Condition: Brand new.

Description:

This 802.11g [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Wireless [COLOR=blue !important]LAN[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] PCI Card works with both IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g products.
    CD/Driver included.
    Work fo PC MS [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Windows [COLOR=blue !important]98SE[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]/Me/2000/XP ista /Windows 7.

This card uses the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Broadcom[/COLOR][/COLOR] chipset (the best brand for wireless cards)

Broadcom BCM94318MPG (BCM4318EKFBG) : AirForce One Single-Chip 802.11g Transceiver with BroadRange Technology

I'm using XP in a dual boot with Ubuntu 12.04. The [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]driver [COLOR=blue !important]CD[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] has a plethora of drivers on it.The list:
    4311 folder which has broadcom_43xx_drv410401 and hp4311driver
    Since it has hp in this folder, I assume these drivers are for laptop
    4318driver folder which has:
    bcm43xx64.cat
    bcm43xx.cat
    bcmwl5.[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]inf[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    bcmwl5.sys
    bcmwl564.sys
    5350 folder
    ICS_Dx64.exe
    I know this is an [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Intel [COLOR=blue !important]driver[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], and I'm using AMD
    6200 6300 folder
    I know these are Intel drivers
    atheros_v7.6.0.260
    atwh.sys
    athwx.sys
    netathw.cat
    netathw.inf
    netathwx.cat
    2 more Intel follders and a PCMCIA folder.

Which drivers do I use for XP and which drivers do I use for Ubuntu? Any and all resonses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Which Driver

Hi, in ubuntu just do:CTRL+ALT+T
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree
    with a wired connection then reboot.
    Copy and paste for accuracy.
    You do not need the drivers for windows with ubuntu.

I have not used windows in a long time but the driver should be bcmwl5.sys and bcmwl5.inf I think.
    Windows might find the driver for you if you inset the disk and go to device manager and tell it to install driver.
    Last edited by Wild Man; March 17th, 2013 at 07:17 PM.