Thread: Our World game & Flash Plugin crash

Beans

Our World game & Flash Plugin crash

My daughters play 'Our World' game. The one daughter has Windows 7 and the other has Ubuntu 12.04. Each time the Ubuntu daughter tries to play the game it loads the screen and then within a few seconds the screen goes grey with the following message on the screen - 'The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed' I have tried to install a Flash update but still have the same problem. She would love to play the game as they can follow each other around the virtual world together. Sorry if this seems a dull question but it is important to my daughters. Thanks in anticipation.

I might add that the browser is Firefox.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Our World game & Flash Plugin crash

Have you tried Chromium or maybe Google's Chrome?

You could also try reinstalling Flash through the Ubuntu Software Center. Find Flash in the USC, click Remove. After it's done, then click Install. It might help.

Beans
    Hidden!

12o4 and FireFox and get the same results.

I search their forums for linux/ubuntu and got zero hits

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just to be sure, we are talking about this game on this website right? LINK

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 64Bit with Flash installed via the USC, and Firefox 19.0.2. The game works after loading, but only for a mere 1 or 2 minutes. Then it turns black. I think this is a problem with how the game interacts with Flash itself. Flash doesn't crash, and my browser is ok. It just says that the page has important data on it when I close the tab, and I click "Leave page". Sorry, but it looks like I don't have a clue as to what might be wrong.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Try using Google Chrome and take advantage of its built-in Flash. After installing Chrome, type "aboutlugins" in the omnibox, click Details, and you will see two plugins for flash. Disable the one for Firefox. Keep the one "/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so" enabled. It'll say PPAPI (out of process).