Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server-side Scripting

Beans

Re: Server-side Scripting

Okay, I have managed to get some way further with this. I am now stuck with this code that is supposed to move files from one directory to another:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    $output 
    shell_exec("sudo find /media/storage/documents -name '*.doc' -type f -exec mv '{}' /media/storage/backup/ \; 2>&1");
    echo 
    "<pre>$output</pre>";
    ?>
    I am calling this from a button on another page, but I am now getting the following message:

find: missing argument to `-exec'I am so close to what I am trying to achieve, I can taste it !

Help greatly appreciated
    Last edited by lisati; March 23rd, 2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Add tags for readability

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Unless you have added the "www-data" to the sudoers list, or you are running Apache as root, which is strongly discouraged, you cannot run a shell command with sudo from a PHP script. The easiest solution is to make sure that the www-data user has appropriate permissions on the directories and files and any destinations.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

I already have the permissions set correctly from the sudoers file.

I would point out aswell that this is an internal websrver, with no access to/from the outside world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12