Thread: Newer versions of Bibletime

Beans

Newer versions of Bibletime

An attempt to build Bibletime 2.10.0 on Ubuntu CE 12.04 failed due to a requirement of the qt package with the name "qt". The latest version that can easily be run on UCE is 2.9.2 . That is available at launchpad.net in the Saucy repository. It does not require any updated core packages. The bibletime-data package of the same version number must be installed, then the bibletime package. If, an older installation of Bibletime was used, the .bibletime directory in the home folder must be deleted. It can be deleted with Nautilus after the Ctrl-H has been pressed which allows dot directories to be displayed. It can also be deleted from the terminal with the command: "rm -rf ~/.bibletime". I strongly advise not to use versions of core packages in repositories other than the repository of your version, which in Ubuntu 12.04 is "Precise", as that could break your system.

Beans

Re: Newer versions of Bibletime

I found out in devel.bibletime.info that Bibletime 2.10.0 needed extra packages in order to build. After, i got the extra packages, I was able to build Bibletime 2.10.0 and run it successfully. However, I had to rebuild Biblememorizer against the new version of Sword. I was able to run and save a Bible verse. I would also need to build Xiphos which has a new bugfix version, with the Sword 1.7.2.

Beans

I was able to successfully build and install and run Xiphos 3.1.6 with Sword 1.7.2. However, it is much easier to use already made .deb installers to install packages.

Beans

I've been using Bibletime with Kubuntu for a few years now. In May, I upgraded to Kubuntu 14.04 on both my desktop and laptop machines. The desktop had a problem with the upgrade and I had to reinstall Kubuntu from a CD. The laptop upgrade went well, but now I've noticed that Bibletime doesn't run any more. It works fine on the desktop machine, but when I open it on the laptop, I get a popup box that says it is creating the user interface, then it disappears and nothing more happens. I tried removing and reinstalling Bibletime to no avail. Then I removed and purged Bibletime using apt-get and reinstalled to no avail. It still just has the one-second popup and dies. Any ideas?