Thread: Bible Software Applications Under WINE

Beans

Bible Software Applications Under WINE

Has anyone tested to see if the following Bible Software applications can be installed and ran successfully in Ubuntu Christian Edition under WINE?

Logos Bible Software 5
    Logos Bible Software 4
    WORDsearch 10
    Bible Explorer 4
    Glo Bible

I use Logos and WORDsearch as my day-to-day Bible apps. I'm also using Glo Bible now for Bible graphics. I'm wondering if I can pull those off in WINE (or even if I purchased CrossOver) or if I'm going to have to run a dedicated Windows VM for them. I'm trying to reduce my dependency on Windows all I can.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Bible Software Applications Under WINE

why not just get an old copy of XP (or even Vista) and emulate it using Virtualbox, rather than toy with Wine. You can probably find a second hand copy on eBay for like a $1. Wine has yet to reach its potential, in my opinion.

Beans

Re: Bible Software Applications Under WINE

Quote Originally Posted by RaHorakhty View Post
    why not just get an old copy of XP (or even Vista) and emulate it using Virtualbox, rather than toy with Wine. You can probably find a second hand copy on eBay for like a $1. Wine has yet to reach its potential, in my opinion.
    Yeah, I have a copy of Windows 7 I can easily virtualize, and I was thinking I was probably going to have to do it anyway, I was just curious as to if WINE was any good at running these Bible apps. If I'm better off virtualizing Windows, I definitely can. I'm doing it now with my iMac. It'd just be nice to never have to touch Windows again.