Thread: MIR -- Will it allow Inverse Colors somehow?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

MIR -- Will it allow Inverse Colors somehow?

Compiz negative (inverse) in Xubuntu 12.04 doesn't work, (at least not for me). And, it seems it is not being developed anymore anyway. MIR will replace X11, so xcalib inverse won't work, probably xpdf-utils inverse won't either.

I am in inverse almost all the time (with xcalib -i -a), for my old eyes. I wonder if I will have to go to a distro still using the X window system, once MIR is the defacto window system for Ubuntu. This is a deal breaker for me. A must. If all linux went with MIR and there wasn't a way for inverse with it, I would have to go to a Mac. *sigh*

Or, is there/will there be, another way to inverse the colors with MIR, once it is here. (I hope).

I use only a desktop.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mikodo; March 16th, 2013 at 03:34 AM.

Beans

Re: MIR -- Will it allow Inverse Colors somehow?

I'm pretty sure nobody knows what Mir will do at this point, but we can be fairly certain that X11 will still be around for backwards compatibility for at least the next 10 years or more. And surely any display manager that the whole Linux universe is using (be it Mir, Wayland, or something else) will support a feature that a significant number of users need.

It's way to early to be concerned 'bout this stuff.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: MIR -- Will it allow Inverse Colors somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by lykwydchykyn View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody knows what Mir will do at this point, but we can be fairly certain that X11 will still be around for backwards compatibility for at least the next 10 years or more. And surely any display manager that the whole Linux universe is using (be it Mir, Wayland, or something else) will support a feature that a significant number of users need.

It's way to early to be concerned 'bout this stuff.
    OK. Cool!

Thanks.