Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch CTH-470 3+ finger gestures

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch CTH-470 3+ finger gestures

Yes! I've got it working now, updating to xf86-input-wacom-0.20.0 (and turning Gesture off) did the trick, thanks a lot!

Beans

One last question, the scrolling and right-clicking of touchegg are not that great -when you release your fingers after scrolling it sometimes scrolls back and you can't right-click and move your cursor directly afterwards anymore, you have to lift your finger first- so I wondered if it's possible to direct (1 and) 2-finger gestures to the xf86 and 3+ to touchegg?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Great! Glad it is working now.

if it's possible to direct (1 and) 2-finger gestures to the xf86 and 3+ to touchegg?
    I don't think so. See the gesture engines have to detect a touch and then wait for another touch or touches to see if it is a gesture. So you can't really split that between different software unless they were specifically written to share that kind of information. I'm pretty sure that's the difficulty. Also implicit in that is that there are some timing settings. It seems to me the gesture editor showed at least one timing setting. I'd have to boot my KDE install to check. If so maybe playing with that could help?

Beans

Oh, I understand. And yes, you can change the 'Composed Gesture Timeout', but as far as I can see that only influences the time it takes for the right-click-menu to show up, so that doesn't help.

Beans
    Distro

Alright. The xf86-input-wacom driver has some other parameters that can be varied like Scroll and ZoomDistance and TapTime. I'm nearly done with what I was working on so I should be able to boot into KDE and checkout what if anything is available for touchegg. Maybe we'll need to make some feature requests to the touchegg dev.s to allow us some method to change some of the gesture default settings. We should check out their wiki too I suppose.

Beans
    Distro

In touchegg-gce I see, when I check the "Show Advanced" box, a Composed Gesture Timeout. But it looks like a general setting that applies to everything. But worth checking out. Also an unimplemented native one finger override. So it does look like touchegg can handle single finger if need be.

I suppose another option would be to use one of the xinput Device Acceleration settings and see if that influences how touchegg handles the BambooPT's touch input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12