Thread: (12.04) Suspend = blank screen and frozen computer (when an e-sata bay plugged in)

Beans
    Hidden!

(12.04) Suspend = blank screen and frozen computer (when an e-sata bay plugged in)

This problem is driving me insane and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with anything similar. I'm running a Ubuntu server (console only) 12.04 and pm-suspend will work just fine IF my HF2-SU3S2 4-bay enclosure is not plugged in to the e-sata port. If it is plugged in, then the computer partially suspends (I can hear the internal hard drives go off) but never goes to the blinking LED stage and the computer becomes impossible to wake up. The only solution is a reboot. The enclosure stays up the entire time.

Nothing out of the ordinary is to be found in /var/log/pm-suspend.log. It seems to think the suspend went ok.

Any help would be wonderful and much appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: (12.04) Suspend = blank screen and frozen computer (when an e-sata bay plugged in

Anyone have an idea? Some way to cheat around this?

It's definitely an e-sata issue. If I switch the external bay to USB from e-sata, the system suspends without issue.