Thread: AMD watermark

Beans

AMD watermark

Hello,

So i installed the today's daily ISO, Used the software sources thing under settings to install the AMD Radeon HD 7700 fglrx drivers tried both of them but when you restart it has a watermark in the corner saying the hardware is not supported. (wanted todo this as the open source drivers seem to be slow with unity.)

Is anyone else having these issues?

Beans

Re: AMD watermark

There is a way to remove that watermark - i found a script last year when I had the same experience. You will have to search for it with google though but it does exist.

I went back to an Nvidia card because I just can't be bothered with AMD. The driver support isn't amazing and multichannel audio isn't supported properly either. The number of times regressions sneaked in with their updates was enough to put me off for life now.

Beans

So using the script to remove the watermark is okay like there is no real issue running fglrx?

Beans

What version of the driver is installed from the GUI (how do i find out)? also would it be worth compiling/installing the beta driver from AMD's website?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

jfernyhough is our resident fglrx expert, we haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks, but check out this thread, as it answers most of the questions asked in this thread.