Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 13.04 shaping up to be one of the best in my opinion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 shaping up to be one of the best in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by rk0n View Post
    I've got hopes for 13.04, and Ubuntu in general. I'm one of those users that first used Linux for something different, totally configurable, and that I had a lot more control over. But, after reading WHY the launcher is on the left the way it is, and the reasons behind it.. I'm inclined to agree. It still bothers me on this laptop, since it's only a 15" screen, but on a 19" or larger screen I think the launcher on the left is a great idea.
    My main complaint with having the launcher on the left is that the Window buttons are on the left as well. It's almost impossible not to click the window close or resize button without activating the launcher.

What would be nice is to move those buttons back from the left a bit, depending on the user-selected size of of the launcher icons. Or just put the buttons on the right. On my KDE I've moved the panel to the left and the window buttons are on the right, which works for me just fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Maybe you have your sensitivity set too high on the launcher...i only moved mine up two notches on the "sensitivity lever" so it will come out from auto hide without too much pushing, and yet it doesn't come out too easily either...i have to push against the edge to get it to come out...so when i go to the windows buttons, i have never had the unity bar come out when i didn't want it to...

Beans

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not completely sold on Unity. Though I'm greatful for the options that Canonical gives us. I really love the Xfce interface, and really want to stick with it. When it's fully released, I will be upgrading my Didtro to a choice of 13.04. Hopefully one with Xfce. If, not, I can live with one from another family.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Not tried 13.04 yet. I'm tending to stick with the LTS versions for now. But I love Ubuntu. Certainly a vast improvement from ******* (I'm sure everyone will agree, just a shame that so many software companies stick with MS though)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jockyburns View Post
    Not tried 13.04 yet. I'm tending to stick with the LTS versions for now. But I love Ubuntu. Certainly a vast improvement from ******* (I'm sure everyone will agree, just a shame that so many software companies stick with MS though)
    Well, in a climate of wafer-thin margins, it's hard to fault companies for cautious development strategies. On the plus side, some things are just so much easier for us e.g.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install python-django python-pip && sudo pip install django-cms
    is a lot easier than the equivalent on Windows to install Django-CMS.
    Last edited by iamkuriouspurpleoranj; March 18th, 2013 at 07:31 AM.

Beans

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS boots in three seconds off my laptop's solid state drive as it is so hearing 13.04 is a lot faster... well... I'm excited.

(with Unity, yes)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Maybe you have your sensitivity set too high on the launcher...i only moved mine up two notches on the "sensitivity lever" so it will come out from auto hide without too much pushing, and yet it doesn't come out too easily either...i have to push against the edge to get it to come out...so when i go to the windows buttons, i have never had the unity bar come out when i didn't want it to...
    Could be, but its mostly because my hands are just clumsy, and my mouse movements tend to be shaky and imprecise.

Beans

13.04 to me is so-so. It really isn't much different from 12.10. Just bugfixes and updated Unity and Kernel is really all that has be done to 13.04. Still uses the same version of GTK 3.6, most software in the Software Center is the same version or close, and the supposed icon theme was just four icons which was a letdown.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I've been using it for a couple days. I'm starting to like it better. I just want two things. I want the appmenu to show all the time and I want to minimize to launcher. Oh and I want main menu to work so I can hide the stuff I'm not using.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question Re: Ubuntu 13.04 shaping up to be one of the best in my opinion

Those of us not using Unity with 13.04: How is it? Running Gnome Shell/Fallback here.
    Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast