Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ubuntu 13.04 shaping up to be one of the best in my opinion

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 shaping up to be one of the best in my opinion

Lubuntu 13.04 is looking great.
    No major additions, but a lot of annoying bugs have been fixed.
    About problems due to upgrading
    Bringing old hardware back to life.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Sounds like a good release, but only supported for 9 months??

Beans

I was under the impression that all Ubuntu Versions that are not LTS will all be supported for 9 months. Am i misinformed?

TBH I'm kind of upset with myself for not coming across 13.04 when i was installing 12.10 over the past 3 days (Windows and Grub wouldn't play nice, the usual quirks were compounding and letting nothing work).

Is it worth undoing my work thus far and jumping into 13.04? This is my first return to Ubuntu after using 9.04 (I Think) for a few months a little while ago, when i made the choice of running pure Windows 7 simply because i wanted to run all of the good games and not bother with WINE.
    But its good to be back to dual booting!!
    Last edited by 2134bob; March 21st, 2013 at 12:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by 2134bob View Post
    I was under the impression that all Ubuntu Versions that are not LTS will all be supported for 9 months. Am i misinformed?

TBH I'm kind of upset with myself for not coming across 13.04 when i was installing 12.10 over the past 3 days (Windows and Grub wouldn't play nice, the usual quirks were compounding and letting nothing work).

Is it worth undoing my work thus far and jumping into 13.04? This is my first return to Ubuntu after using 9.04 (I Think) for a few months a little while ago, when i made the choice of running pure Windows 7 simply because i wanted to run all of the good games and not bother with WINE.
    But its good to be back to dual booting!!
    My understanding is the same as yours re non-LTS versions, 9 months. I think peoples experience with 12.10 varies, perhaps due to hardware. My 12.10 Ubuntu Gnome install has not been marvelous. 12.04 is great and 13.04 is looking real good for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I'm finding that 13.04 is quite a big improvement over 12.10...seems to have far fewer bugs, more stable (amazingly so, considering it hasn't been released yet) and runs much better too...

Beans

I haven't tried 13.04 yet, but I have no doubt it will be good. Every version of ubuntu I've tried so far has worked great. Then again, my laptop has all Intel chipsets which are well supported with any version of linux.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234