Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LXLE - Lubuntu Extra Life Extension

Beans

Re: LXLE - Lubuntu Extra Life Extension

I tried it over the weekend as a live USB and had very good results, so tonight I did a full install on a fresh HDD on my desktop. It's working perfectly, and I love the style of it. My favorite feature is the random wallpaper, and I think the default software is a great selection (I would just add unetbootin). I'm going to stay with it for now as my main OS, so thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it.=D>

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JLeon85 View Post
    I tried it over the weekend as a live USB and had very good results, so tonight I did a full install on a fresh HDD on my desktop. It's working perfectly, and I love the style of it. My favorite feature is the random wallpaper, and I think the default software is a great selection (I would just add unetbootin). I'm going to stay with it for now as my main OS, so thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it.=D>
    Glad its working well for you, as a side note, I did include GDiskDump, which you can use to build a usb startup disk, since almost every distro of late is a hybrid ISO.

Beans
    Hidden!

This looks very interesting

I'm going to download it now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hey, I didn't know you did that already
    I was about to start a new thread and post about LXLE for you but then I found this when I did a search.

So, everyone, if you are interested, here is a Facebook Page for the project: https://www.facebook.com/pages/LXLE/192863920837396
    Yes, Lubuntu Team (I'm one of them of course) is supporting this project. I personally do. Anything that related to Lubuntu, we will take good care of

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    Hey, I didn't know you did that already
    I was about to start a new thread and post about LXLE for you but then I found this when I did a search.

So, everyone, if you are interested, here is a Facebook Page for the project: https://www.facebook.com/pages/LXLE/192863920837396
    Yes, Lubuntu Team (I'm one of them of course) is supporting this project. I personally do. Anything that related to Lubuntu, we will take good care of

Thanks!
    +1
    Now I have tried LXLE and it works well out of the box

It is a great idea to make an LTS version of Lubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    +1
    Now I have tried LXLE and it works well out of the box

It is a great idea to make an LTS version of Lubuntu 12.04
    I have installed it too and it looks so promising for a Beta Version

I'm a great supporter for this project. My teammates on Lubuntu are interesting too but each one has his/her own way to express that support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    You have used the Greybird theme instead of the default Lubuntu theme. What is the reason for the change? Did you do some tests and find that the Greybird theme is lighter in any way or did you prefer Greybird because it looks better? If it's because Greybird is lighter, how did you determine that?
    I'm sorry, not trying to answer on the OP's behalf here but IMHO, I think he did that for a change and most likely to use another theme rather than the default one. As of now, Lubuntu at start up using 'less' RAM than LXLE. However, this is the Beta version so can't wait to see the final version

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    I'm sorry, not trying to answer on the OP's behalf here ...
    Not to worry, I was just curious to know if there was a technical reason. In any case, I'll be moving to Lubuntu 13.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Mips can you explain how to do what you suggest below in quotes, I can't wait to try it as an alternative on my Ubuntu classic machine
    "Alternatively you can install it from their media and then add the standard desktop meta package for whatever flavour you are using. "

Beans

Updated Official Release Status, Please read first post. thanks.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast