Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: LXLE - Lubuntu Extra Life Extension

Beans

Re: LXLE - Lubuntu Extra Life Extension

Quote Originally Posted by cmcanulty View Post
    I am trying to install the beta 64 or 32 in virtual box with no luck. It says no bootable medium does it not accept iso's? Is so how do I make it work with virtual box. Thanks it looks very neat and I can't wait to try it! OK now I redownloaded it and I can get the splash screen but then I get the error message
    "could not start boot splash could not access shared library"
    The Lubuntu boot splash screen is there but doesn't show up on the live session. It IS present after installation to the hard drive. Some things don't show up perfectly in live session testing but they will once its installed. So my advice is to ignore that error. It has no effect on running the desktop in a live session. Hope this helps.

Beans

I am considering this distro for my fathers now ancient laptop from 2005

Beans

LXLE Paradigm Release Candidates now available.

32 and 64 bit version. Lots of changes. Small iso, run lighter than before, four different desktops to choice from. This is probably the build that gets released in a week or so.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxle...easeCandidate/

Feedback is appreciated before release. Thanks

Rehauled from top to bottom, including games, apps, system files, desktop layouts, updated walls, etc etc.

Will get screenshots up later, tired now. If you decide to download it, post a few screenshots if you can.
    Last edited by ronniew; August 14th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: LXLE - Lubuntu Extra Life Extension

Downloaded and committed it to the metal

VERY nice indeed.

Once again loads of stuff i'd normally have to go and get myself, lots of fun games, and as ever it's very light on resources at idle. Great little Conky as well, that's a nice touch. Kinda steampunk

I've decided to default to the Gnome 2 look (set the lower one to autohide), and have ditched the side 'dock' (i guess that means it will be missing from all the other layouts? I think you hinted at that).

So, everything seems to work just fine here* for me, great work Sir!

*Old Toshiba Equium A210-171 laptop, AMD Turion 64-X2 cpu, ATI Radeon gfx (x1200), Realtek RTL8101E/RTL8102E ethernet, 2gb ram.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Hylas de Niall View Post
    Downloaded and committed it to the metal

VERY nice indeed.

Once again loads of stuff i'd normally have to go and get myself, lots of fun games, and as ever it's very light on resources at idle. Great little Conky as well, that's a nice touch. Kinda steampunk

I've decided to default to the Gnome 2 look (set the lower one to autohide), and have ditched the side 'dock' (i guess that means it will be missing from all the other layouts? I think you hinted at that).

So, everything seems to work just fine here* for me, great work Sir!

*Old Toshiba Equium A210-171 laptop, AMD Turion 64-X2 cpu, ATI Radeon gfx (x1200), Realtek RTL8101E/RTL8102E ethernet, 2gb ram.
    Cool and no it won't go missing from all the desktops only the one you choose to remove it from. Hope you discovered the hide show conky button.

Beans

LXLE Paradigm Release Candidate Now available.

1.3g download, Four Desktop Paradigms to choose from. Additional functions and features and a lighter overall system footprint.

Screenshots

https://joindiaspora.com/posts/2953333

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ronniew View Post
    LXLE Paradigm Release Candidate Now available.

1.3g download, Four Desktop Paradigms to choose from. Additional functions and features and a lighter overall system footprint.

Screenshots

https://joindiaspora.com/posts/2953333
    Ronnie, you could remove catfish if you modify your distro to make SpaceFM the default file manager - its light and has a built-in search feature. Or upgrade to PCManFM 1.10 which also has it but it did not work for me and I installed SpaceFM where search did work - about the only drawback is it does not yet support GTK3 but in all other respects, its the perfect file manager for Lubuntu.

Beans

LXLE Paradigm goes final with 12.04.3 update.

Paradigm is a tentative attempt to create four different desktop paradigms for users to choose from once they start up their aging computers when using LXLE. Just because a computer may be aging shouldn't hinder your work flow.

LXLE paradigm is not an attempt to completely mimic other desktops features and functions but to provide a desktop scheme that is familiar to all different types of computer users whether your comfortable with Linux, Mac or Windows operating systems.

LXLE default programs are easy to understand once you understand the philosophy. 'If your going to save system resources with a light system, then you should spend those resources on more capable programs."

Read More...

Beans

Nice one!
    I noticed the update on DW

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast