Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: LXLE - Lubuntu Extra Life Extension

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: LXLE - Lubuntu Extra Life Extension

and doesn't get his answer - just 2 closed questions - I love stackexchange ...

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Is there a link to the iso file, I can not get any torrent to download.
    cheers - gabbman
    Linux, The Desktop of Choice

Beans

Ok, now it's working, thanks

Beans

I've just re-installed Trusty to clear up some issues, and wanted to dual-boot LXLE with it for evaluation purposes. Unfortunately, the LXLE installer doesn't recognize the 14.04 install, and tells me I have no current OS.

Should I install LXLE first, and then Ubuntu second? I haven't restored any backups yet, so that would just be a matter of some lost time. Still, if there's another way forward I'd like to hear it. Thanks...

Beans

Never mind, I just went ahead. Installing LXLE first, then Ubuntu afterwards, did the trick. I do have one further question, though. In your Unity paradigm, the windows controls (min/max/close) are in the upper right corner, a la Gnome/Windows, rather than in the left as per Unity. I'm pretty acculturated to having them on the left. How would I do that?

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi Ronnie,

I was helping a friend, who had problems to get an LXLE iso file. I managed to get this one:

12.04.4 Revisited
    32 Bit with md5sum b9bb33d4255ccd44cff146c23d899520

I checked it, and it did not boot when installed with mkusb, which clones the iso file (typically to a USB pendrive). I thought, maybe it is not a hybrid iso file, and ran

Code:
    isohybrid lxle-12044-32.iso
    Then it boots from USB when installed with mkusb. I have uploaded the hybrid iso file plus the md5sum to

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/hybrid-isos/

If I remember correctly, I have installed earlier versions of LXLE via mkusb. I suggest that you upload a hybrid iso file for this version (and future versions) to your website. It makes it easy to install them to USB drives, because cloning is very reliable, when you use a tool to help finding the correct target device. The current Ubuntu family iso files work when cloned to USB drives (except the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS mini.iso).

-o-

Thinking 'aloud': Maybe you have found problems with hybrid iso files in some cases. In that case it might be worthwhile to upload both, a hybrid iso file and a basic non-hybrid iso file for each version of LXLE.

-o-

Edit: I checked lxle-12.04.03-32.iso and and it is a hybrid iso file which works well after installation with mkusb.

Code:
    f23eb3cd6b6991719a70461cf37aaf32  lxle-12.04.03-32.iso
    Last edited by sudodus; August 26th, 2014 at 07:36 AM.

Beans

Its still a hybrid ISO, I DD it all the time to usb using Gdiskdump. Not sure why mkusb is causing issue but it shouldn't the iso wasn't built any different than previous versions.

Beans
    Hidden!

Gdiskdump had no more magic for me than mkusb, none of them can make a bootable pendrive from the 32-bit 12.04.4 Revisited iso file.

Beans

Confirmed, weird thing is my machine will do it, however test machines will not, I'll have to take a closer look, thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. Thanks my friend.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast