Thread: problem

Beans

problem

hello, i've tried to instal gnome3 but without succes. i mean when i start the laptop i see gnome interface instead of ubuntu's and i can choose to get logged into gnome3 but once i get logged i cannot do anything, doesn't matter where i move the mouse nothing appears. so i've tried to delete it cause obviously something is wrong but i can't, it sais it's unable to locate it. anyway the point is lately my memory and proc is getting above 70% usage and i have 6g of memory and intel core duo and like this is not enough in last days i get this black screen with allot of info(i tried to attach a pic with details but i can't) and i need to shut it down and reopen it.
    any idea is much appreacite it, thanks.

Beans

Re: problem

Which version of Ubuntu you have? Usually it's not advised to install Gnome-Shell over Ubuntu Unity due to conflics in configuration files and packages. Unity uses Gnome as a back end and if Gnome gets modified, Unity wont work and usually will confuse Gnome-Shell in the process causing both to fail. Might need to reload, but wait for other advice first.

Beans

Re: problem

Quote Originally Posted by ManamiVixen View Post
    Which version of Ubuntu you have? Usually it's not advised to install Gnome-Shell over Ubuntu Unity due to conflics in configuration files and packages. Unity uses Gnome as a back end and if Gnome gets modified, Unity wont work and usually will confuse Gnome-Shell in the process causing both to fail. Might need to reload, but wait for other advice first.
    yes, i forgot to mention that. i have ubuntu 12.10 and i have instaled cairo-dock too which menu i use but under normal ubuntu and not separetly. lately if system doesn't fail, i find closed one of applications and the message that happend due to an ubuntu error.securedownload.jpg
    yeee, it seems like i succed ataching the image, last time i've rotate it in gimp and save it with different extension. now i didn't rotate it but it seems like a .jpeg i'm able to insert it.
    k, thanks again...