Thread: A format for libreofficewriter that can be identified by MS-word in windows

Beans

A format for libreofficewriter that can be identified by MS-word in windows

Dear Buddies
    Hi
    Can we write libreoffice writer in a way that can be identified by MS-word program in windows?

Regards
    Bobi
    Last edited by babakflame; March 25th, 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: A format for libreofficewriter that can be identified by MS-word in windows

Libreoffice writer can save as .doc & .docx. I think recent versions of MS Office recognize .odt files. I don't know how well documents with complex formatting translate from a .docx file saved by LOwriter when opened in MS word. I don't have MS Word installed. I think .doc files travel pretty well.

Beans
    Hidden!

If you have to send lots of files to windows users regularly you can configure LO to save as .doc and .xls by default in the LO Tools ->Options.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

Dear ajgreeny
    I went to Tools-> Options ,But then what should I do to change the format of the saved issues to .xls and .doc

In LO Tools->Options There is nothing to change buddy.
    Regards
    Bobi
    Last edited by babakflame; March 14th, 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Tools, Options, Load/save / ,set it to .doc

Beans

Dear Buddies
    Hi
    Thanks for your hints. I think that my problem is solved.
    regards
    Bobi