Thread: Can't log in

Beans

Can't log in

Hello everyone, i've just installed Ubuntu 12.04 inside windows, I can't log in with my account...only guest account works....any ideas?thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Can't log in

We need more information.

How specifically can you not log in? Does the log-in screen not show your user name? Does it show your user name but doesn't let you enter a password? Does it let you enter a password but tells you that the password is wrong? Does it let you enter your password, try to log you in, and fail?

Please remember that we cannot see your screen.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey there is a similar thread about this problem. In the other thread, they offer an idea of ensuring that the password you choose will have a lower case letter, an uppercase letter, and a number included in the password string. Of course, I guess you must reinstall if you cannot get in. Good luck.

Beans
    Hidden!

To clarify a bit: the other thread is about choosing your password during installation. sudodus reckons there that Ubuntu Installer won't let you to choose a password it thinks will be too weak. All this is irrelevant after you already installed Ubuntu, and are trying to log in.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Moved to Absolute Beginners Talk
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.