Thread: [SOLVED] Can't find all of my posts using "Advanced Search"

Beans

[SOLVED] Can't find all of my posts using "Advanced Search"

Hi,
    I'm not sure if this issue has come up, but as the title says I can't seem to find all of my posts using either my user name in "Advanced Search" or "Find all my posts" in my profile.
    Also when using "Advanced Search" the results contain other people's posts with similar usernames as mine, such as amerinde, gmerindol, merinda ... It seems like the board's software is doing a grep-like search. In the attachment I've pointed with red arrows the posts that are not mine.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by erind; June 26th, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Can't find all of my posts using either "Advanced Search" or "Find all my posts"

Tick the "Exact Name" box to the right of the username field in advanced search if you don't want similar usernames included in the search.

Without details of posts that are missing in your search, it's difficult to investigate.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Re: Can't find all of my posts using either "Advanced Search" or "Find all my posts"

Yes that works fine, however I see only 22 results, just one page, and I'm sure there are more. Maybe there'll be a way to see them all in the near future. (?)
    Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

I'm seeing 25 of your posts in a search and without your latest one just above this one so, yes, something is not right. We've noticed a few other inexplicable (so far) anomalies with some aspects of search, so thanks for posting. We'll add this to the evidence for investigation.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Issue resolved. Thank you!
    Last edited by erind; June 26th, 2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Issue resolved