Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone got MIR working in raring?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Anyone got MIR working in raring?

That unity.ubuntu.com link says to build on 12.10 but another link from that page says this

Images are currently built in the Canonical data center and they are based on quantal. Over the next days all necessary changes for Ubuntu Touch are going to go into Ubuntu raring and images will be built using raring as a basis.
    The images referred to are for mobile touch devices but it encourages the hope that it will soon be possible to build Unity Next on Raring desktop. Which really is the way forward.

Some pics here and info

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/04/h...n-your-desktop

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Tried it on raring, seem to go but something is missing.

Run the People Lens daemon to enable ‘contacts’ in your ~/unity/unity_build/libexec/unity-people-daemon, didn't see /libexec directory
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

We will need to get mobile devices to test latest stuff desktop PC just doesn't cut it anymore.

http://www.iloveubuntu.net/unity-dem...ng-mir-nexus-4

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    Tried it on raring, seem to go but something is missing.

Run the People Lens daemon to enable ‘contacts’ in your ~/unity/unity_build/libexec/unity-people-daemon, didn't see /libexec directory
    If you didn't figure yet it's not quite the right path, more like ~/unity/unity_build/build/libexec/unity-people-daemon

Over all not much to do with it, (as seen on a raring build), except pull/push new screens, launcher, ect. Looks just like a typical smart phone/tablet

Beans
    Distro

A day or so ago 'mir' and components got ripped out (removed) and now are being replaced again with todays update. I just thought I would make a note.

Code:
     appmenu-qt appmenu-qt5 aptitude aptitude-common bamfdaemon bc cpp-4.8 dc
      devscripts g++-4.8 gcc-4.8 gcc-4.8-base gir1.2-appindicator3-0.1
      gir1.2-messagingmenu-1.0 gir1.2-packagekitglib-1.0 gstreamer1.0-plugins-good
      gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio indicator-datetime indicator-messages
      indicator-session indicator-sound libappindicator1 libappindicator3-1
      libasan0 libatomic1 libbamf3-1 libdbusmenu-qt2 libdbusmenu-qt5 libdrm-dev
      libdrm-intel1 libdrm-nouveau2 libdrm-radeon1 libdrm2 libgcc-4.8-dev libgcc1
      libgomp1 libgstreamer-plugins-good1.0-0 libindicator3-7 libindicator7
      libitm1 libkms1 libmessaging-menu0 libmirclient-dev libmirclient0
      libmirprotobuf-dev libmirprotobuf0 libmirserver0 libquadmath0 libsqlite3-0
      libssh-4 libstdc++-4.8-dev libstdc++6 libtelepathy-logger3 libvisio-0.0-0
      libwpd-0.9-9 lintian mir-doc mircommon-dev packagekit
      packagekit-backend-aptcc packagekit-tools python-appindicator
      python3-pyatspi qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-toolkit-plugin telepathy-gabble
      telepathy-indicator telepathy-logger ubuntu-sdk ubuntu-ui-toolkit-doc
      ubuntu-ui-toolkit-examples ubuntu-ui-toolkit-theme upstart
      zeroinstall-injector
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /release/@ 5.06GHz64bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    A day or so ago 'mir' and components got ripped out (removed) and now are being replaced again with todays update. I just thought I would make a note.

<snip>
    We are always going to see packages removed and replaced during the development cycle, this is nothing new. Perhaps it's time to start a new thread about Mir and Saucy.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    We are always going to see packages removed and replaced during the development cycle, this is nothing new. Perhaps it's time to start a new thread about Mir and Saucy.
    @Cariboo

There is no way that I can get 'mir' executable to install without 'held broken packages' and removing libmirserver0 in the saucy salmander. So I'll have to do some rollbacks to raring and install and work with Mir there. Since Mir is in development, can we not discuss that here?

Regards,

Ventrical
    This is Rolling Release

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    @Cariboo

There is no way that I can get 'mir' executable to install without 'held broken packages' and removing libmirserver0 in the saucy salmander. So I'll have to do some rollbacks to raring and install and work with Mir there. Since Mir is in development, can we not discuss that here?

Regards,

Ventrical
    You're going to run into that, when you have the proposed repositories enabled, they are more or less being used to store packages, until all the dependencies have been built, and test have been passed.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by EgoGratis View Post
    We will need to get mobile devices to test latest stuff desktop PC just doesn't cut it anymore.

http://www.iloveubuntu.net/unity-dem...ng-mir-nexus-4
    ? I've got ubuntu on netbook, notebook, desktop, also tablets 7" and 10" with android browser and 9" tablet with chrome browser. These tablets are quite fast compared to ubuntu (ubuntu has the faster hardware) and mostly O.K. for output. The tablets in my case are not so good to terrible for input. I really don't have the hang for managing files and folders on them either. In my case at my ability level ubuntu beats the tablets silly on versatility.

For what functions the tablets will do they are more user friendly. Example they immediately connect on my encrypted hidden network while every ubuntu since Precise requires manual input on every boot to connect. Network manager tries to connect without using the password, doesn't work of course, then declares the network out of range and disconnects. Systems settings > network > connect to hidden network > select the network > wait, wait, drop down shows it already knew the password, select, wait, connects, then close systems settings. Yes there's a launchpad bug, no, development is not interested. I boot a lot during testing. In constrast the tablets and chromebook (I've got a chromebook too) "just work".

And no I'm not interested in putting my personal data (except selected pictures) up in some cloud for the target marketeers, spammers and hackers.

I'm not at all sure how to "test latest stuff" on Asus, Samsung, and Nook tablets. I've looked at the posts on chrubuntu for the chromebook for example and it was not at all clear chrubuntu supports the very fast intel integrated display support....

Oh, my cell phone is just that, a phone, not a mobile tiny display with few short lines.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    You're going to run into that, when you have the proposed repositories enabled, they are more or less being used to store packages, until all the dependencies have been built, and test have been passed.

Thank you very much. I assumed that. I will continue then to experiment with Mir concurrently with 13.04 and report here until Saucy repos cough up some packets.
    This is Rolling Release

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast