Thread: Wired network problem

Beans

Angry Wired network problem

I've installed ubuntu 12.04 but and everything went on fine. But my wired connection is not functioning properly, where as it is working fine in windows. So, are there any drivers that I shld install? My wireless is working absolutely fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wired network problem

We won't know until you tell us, from the terminal:
    Code:
    lspci -nn | grep 0200
    The pipe symbol | is on the right side of my US keyboard on the same key with \. Thanks.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

I got the following as the output ... 03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR8162 Fast Ethernet [1969:1090] (rev 10)

Beans
    Distro

Your device uses the relatively new driver alx. You could install 12.10, update the kernel to 3.5.0-24 and have it perfectly. Or, if you love pain, do this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...&highlight=alx See post #4. I'd substitute this package: http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/comp...1-snpc.tar.bz2
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

hey.. thank you very much chili55 .. U are awesome man. I was really facing a lot of trouble without this wired network connection. By the way, You are from?? I'm from India.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kiritisai View Post
    hey.. thank you very much chili55 .. U are awesome man. I was really facing a lot of trouble without this wired network connection. By the way, You are from?? I'm from India.
    Glad it's working! For my location, see Location above. I have a few good friends in India.