Thread: Applications in app menu in unity are gone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Applications in app menu in unity are gone

So I have a big problem and am seeking the help of the lovely Ubuntu community.
    I have Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installed on my machine and it has been running great since it came out when I installed it. But after a recent update a month back it caused something very strange to happen. Under my 'recent' lens and 'app' lens in unity all my applications are gone (or at least will not show up). Now the apps still exist on my system if I go through the file system i can find them. So I am guessing it is a problem with Unity. I am currently working on "Classic Gnome" log in and my apps are there, but not in unity. I have ran a few updates since the incident but to no avail.
    I do love the classic desktop but I am beginning to miss my Unity, any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. If you know of somewhere other then 'General Help' for this thread to be posted that advice would be greatly appreciated as well.

-Argoz
    Allons-y!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Applications in app menu in unity are gone

Recent items have a history setting in the privacy application for different lengths of time starting with the past hour.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors