Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unbootable after installing Ubuntu 12.10

Beans

Re: Unbootable after installing Ubuntu 12.10

Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    I have not tried changing languages, but in System Settings is Language support which seems to be the settings you need. How you get to System Settings varies based on gui or DE you are using.

Did you install 64 bit or 32 bit version?
    The 32 bit version.

How do I mark the thread as [SOLVED] ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I run the 64 bit version on my 6 year old laptop that really has too little RAM only 1.5Gb, but it works just fine.

See my signature.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    I run the 64 bit version on my 6 year old laptop that really has too little RAM only 1.5Gb, but it works just fine.

See my signature.
    I did not think the 64 bit version would work with that mother board and graphic card.
    Is there a big difference between the two versions. I might try installing the 64 bit version eventually.

Beans

I have the same 'problem' - I had a nice working 64bit version running on a HP Z420 (sweet) however something broke when I tried to update my graphics drivers for a NVIDA NVS 310 and I could not boot passed the splash screen. Playing with it only made things worse so I figured I could use the reinstall option. No such luck - 'reinstall' option always greyed (unavailable) and the next option reads the same unreasonable message 'Install Ubuntu 12.10 alongside Ubuntu 12.10'. No other option available to no choice . Fresh installation works again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Did you have Kernel headers installed.

I think some others had issues and the headers were not updated like they should with a new kernel. So you have to add new kernel headers and reinstall nVidia again to get nVidia to work with new kernel.
    Can you boot older kernel?
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12