Thread: Problem regarding Ubuntu 12.04 on my Laptop (newbie here)

Beans

Problem regarding Ubuntu 12.04 on my Laptop (newbie here)

First stop. So I am somewhat new to Linux, been using it for a month or so but I am not that expert specially with deeper things about it, I hope you can assist me regarding this problem of mine.

Okay, First, I'm using a Laptop which is (http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K43SJ/) and my problem is that everytime I boot my laptop the "Screen Brightness" is bump up to its full settings, it's so very bright and I keep on adjusting it everytime I turn on this laptop and its annoys and bothers me a lot.

Second is that, the Grub menu seems to be so enlarge? and the Ubuntu logo during start-up is also too big or so enlarge this making it look odd because its blurry. I've done dual booting before on my desktop and samsung netbook. But it's my first time to have this type problem especially the Brightness and the too enlarge thing. Although I had already installed the recommended graphics drivers for this laptop, still the problem persist. I hope you guys can help a newbie like me and assist me to solve this problem that I'm having right now. Thanks

Here's some shots:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Problem regarding Ubuntu 12.04 on my Laptop (newbie here)

Hay,

Grub and boot screen animations and such is not much affected by the "graphical drivers" since they are loaded somewhat later.
    Screen brightness is also a relative common issue under laptop users.

Fixing the issues:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/54067...een-resolution

It seems like from what I read (via google) that this will fix the boot screen aswell..

Good luck
    Switched away from windows XP to Ubuntu 9.04. Never turned around to look back.

Beans

I did the steps but none of them works. I don't know, maybe I've done something wrong.

It states that
    Reboot and press and hold shift to display your grub. Press C to enter console mode.
    Type vbeinfo , this will display various stuff how grub recognizes your display. At the bottom is "preferred mode" - in your case it should say 1200x800. Note down the value.

But when I typed vbeinfo, this is the result

I also search for other solutions: http://askubuntu.com/questions/12785...een-resolution and also tried the "Grub Customizer" still none of them works

Beans

*bump