Thread: playonlinux trouble with opening itunes

Beans

playonlinux trouble with opening itunes

Hello,

I recently installed itunes using playonlinux.

When I click on the itunes.lnk I get the following error messages: "path not found" and "there is no windows program configured to open this type of file"

I am interested in using itunes so that I can access my itouch.

Any help would be appre

Beans

Re: playonlinux trouble with opening itunes

Update: When I click on itunes.exe this message shows up:

"Apple application support was not found. apple application support is required to run itunes. Please uninstall itunes, then install itunes again. Error 2 (Windows error 2)"

I have reinstalled itunes a few times now, so I don't think that's my issue...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What version of Itunes are you trying to install?
    Here is a compatability list of the different versions of Itunes and Wine (which playonlinux is a wrapper for)
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

Thanks for sending the compatibility list. Before I was trying to run itunes version 11.

After seeing this list decided to install itunes 8.2 because it had one of the highest ratings (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=16848).

I still got the same error reports listed before, so I decided to give itunes 10 and 9 a try. Same thing happens: "path not found" and "there is no windows program configured to open this type of file"

Beans

Update: I found this thread in the playonlinux forum: http://www.playonlinux.com/en/topic-9926-iTunes_10.html

The thread describes how to successfully install itunes 10.1.1, but I'm having trouble following his advice because of my limited understanding of computer-speak. Particularly in step 2:
    "Use the _testing_ iTunes 10 installation script in PlayOnLinux 4.1.8. (There is a readily available repo for Ubuntu users.)"

Beans
    Hidden!

Thread moved to Wine.