Thread: Exchange support

Beans

Exchange support

I set up an Exchange Online account with Microsoft Office 365. When I went to set up email in Thunderbird and then Evolution, I was stumped. There are no server settings for Exchange Active Sync. The email client is supposed to auto-discover the settings, according to Microsoft tech support. Non-Microsoft email clients like Apple Mail will do it. Apparently neither Thunderbird nor Evolution will. Is there no way to set up Exchange email with Linux? Is there another email client that supports Exchange?

Beans

Re: Exchange support

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    The email client is supposed to auto-discover the settings, according to Microsoft tech support.
    Really? Can you share the link to the Microsoft website saying that?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Maybe the information in the link below will help:

https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorial...xchange-server
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

GVD: the OP already knows the details: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...2#post12530792

Beans

No. I cant. I talked to a live person at Microsoft. Whats your point? As to your post below about me already knowing the details, you need to learn to read. That question was about using Outlook.com with a Linux email client. You cant do that with Linux, so I set up an Exchange account. Looks like that doesn't work with Linux either. Read the post before you shoot your mouth off.

Beans

Thanks for the info. That article is from 2010, but I'm going to give it a try. Not sure if Microsoft has changed things around with Exchange Online/Office 365 but I'll give it a shot.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    No. I cant. I talked to a live person at Microsoft. Whats your point? As to your post below about me already knowing the details, you need to learn to read. That question was about using Outlook.com with a Linux email client. You cant do that with Linux, so I set up an Exchange account. Looks like that doesn't work with Linux either. Read the post before you shoot your mouth off.
    Your other thread is about "support for exchange active sync"; that's your subject.

In this thread you say "There are no server settings for Exchange Active Sync.".

So ...

Anyway: I wish you good luck.

PLOINK

Beans

If you don't know the difference between Exchange and Exchange Active Sync, you shouldn't try to offer an opinion.