Thread: Question about UGR build script

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question about UGR build script

I just ran the script, and my final iso 1.1GiB in size, is this what anyone else is seeing?

Code:
    ls -l *iso
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 cariboo cariboo 1135677440 Mar  9 17:28 raring-ubuntu-gnome-amd64-20130310.iso

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Question about UGR build script

Update: I just created an i386 iso, which is what I really needed, and the size is 928MiB.

Beans
    Distro

I haven't run the script in a few days, but I seem to recall that my iso was in the mid-800's MB. I could be mis-remembering though. I don't have that image around any more to check.

Maybe I'll run the script today - if I do I'll let you know what I come up with.

Beans
    Distro

Here's my result from a just-completed run of the UGR script on today's daily build:

Code:
    iso-build-script# ls -la raring-ubuntu-gnome-amd64-20130310.iso 
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 988848128 Mar 10 10:24 raring-ubuntu-gnome-amd64-20130310.iso
    I think I must have been remembering the size of stock daily build, not the UGR iso...

Beans
    Distro

Well we did add Software Center, Update Manager, Firefox, LibreOffice, and GNOME Documents but dropped a few games, gnome-package-kit ("Software"), GNOME Fallback, Epiphany, Abiword, and Gnumeric so the size will be larger than 12.10 (as the added stuff takes up more space than the things we removed).

I don't think we want to go above 1GB though. If we are, we should look at dropping some more stuff.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jbicha View Post
    Well we did add Software Center, Update Manager, Firefox, LibreOffice, and GNOME Documents but dropped a few games, gnome-package-kit ("Software"), GNOME Fallback, Epiphany, Abiword, and Gnumeric so the size will be larger than 12.10 (as the added stuff takes up more space than the things we removed).

I don't think we want to go above 1GB though. If we are, we should look at dropping some more stuff.
    Do you think we might be able to get an official Ubuntu GNOME Raring Beta by March 28th which is the scheduled final beta release date for Ubuntu?

That would give us about 4 weeks to test and fix bugs for the final release on April 25th

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

The size of the iso in my first post was a second attempt to build the iso, as the first attempt wouldn't boot. I didn't clean out the archives directory on the second attempt, could that have been the problem? Before I built the i386 iso, I removed all the AMD64 packages from the archive and the iso size was under 1GiB