Thread: Compiz keeps unchecking my plugings and picking its own

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Compiz keeps unchecking my plugings and picking its own

i have started a serious test on my desktop (been testing my notebook)
    i am really happy to see so many fixes in compiz, it now even has default settings again, but every time it re-stares i have to re check my boxes in ccsm
    anyone know a way to make it keep the plugins enabled?

anyone know how to change the theme in the compiz window decorator? also how to add the menu icon to the bar (like what people would use to move the buttons to the right)
    Code:
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout 'menu:minimize,maximize,close'
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences theme 'Albatross'
    Last edited by pqwoerituytrueiwoq; March 9th, 2013 at 05:18 AM.
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Compiz keeps unchecking my plugings and picking its own

@pqwoerituytrueiwoq, do you have this directories in your Home?

Code:
    ~/.cache/compizconfig-1
    ~/.compiz

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

i do, but it have it working now i did some playing with the import export stuff in ccsm and it is holding
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I had this happen too with xubuntu + compiz. Strange thing is, after I rebooted a few times eventually it just unchecked *every* plugin by itself, and then after that happened when I re-enabled all the ones I wanted it acted fine every since, keeping my settings. I reproduced this once on a clean install too, pretty odd lol.
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd