Thread: [Lubuntu] CPU running at 100%

Beans

[Lubuntu] CPU running at 100%

Hi!

For some reason, my single core processor is now constantly running at 100%. As you can see in the screenshot of htop, the process /usr/bin/lxsession -s Lubuntu -e LXDE is taking up most of the processor's power. Obviously, I can't kill it, but what else should I be looking for?

I'm running Lubuntu 12.10 32-bit on an old laptop. OS normally use approx 2% CPU at idle.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Kols; March 9th, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

Beans

CPU running at 100%

Hi!

For some reason, my single core processor is now constantly running at 100%. As you can see in the screenshot of htop, the process /usr/bin/lxsession -s Lubuntu -e LXDE is taking up most of the processor's power. Obviously, I can't kill it, but what else should I be looking for?

I'm running Lubuntu 12.10 32-bit on an old laptop. OS normally use approx 2% CPU at idle.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: CPU running at 100%

Threads merged.

Please do not post multiple threads for same question.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Re: CPU running at 100%

Okay, so I actually fixed the problem.

I'm using compton as composite manager and guake as terminal. Sometimes, guake loads too early in the startup process, and real transparency isn't loaded. Therefore, I made a script, called guake-autostart.sh. I call it from /etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart by adding the line

@sh /etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart-guake.sh

which is the reason my box is going crazy, trying to start a script that doesn't excist. Solution is therefore to change that line in /autostart with the correct filename....

Sorry for taking up your time, guys, I'll be leaving now...=P