Thread: HP NX9420 Wired Network problem in Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

HP NX9420 Wired Network problem in Ubuntu 12.04

Gents,
    Being a absolutely newbie, I must apologize if this issue has been raised in another thread!

I have a (old) HP NX9420 that’s just been blessed with Ubuntu 12.04, and everything works like a charm - except for one thing:

Wired LAN is not working, Wireless works fine?
    (It was fine days ago - under Win7)

Where do I start??

Cheers, and thanks in advance
    Steen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HP NX9420 Wired Network problem in Ubuntu 12.04

Did it work before in Ubuntu? Sometimes your connections are not automatic, and you have to insert your adresses manually. Check it out in windows, and revert back.
    Regards
    jean Noel

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jean noel View Post
    Did it work before in Ubuntu? Sometimes your connections are not automatic, and you have to insert your adresses manually. Check it out in windows, and revert back.
    Regards
    jean Noel
    Hi Jean Noel,
    I’m sorry - I cant follow you?
    Worked before in Ubuntu? - nope, the laptop has had a loooong life under various versions of Windows, until a few days ago - and the network was fine at that time :.-)
    Connections not automatic? - hmmm, I have 2 Popcorn Hour MediaPlayers and 4 other computers running here - 3 on Windows and a AOpen BOX with Ubuntu/XBMC - and they are all in "DHCP mode"

I think that it might be a driver issue - or that the hardware not is recognised?

Beans

Well - I have ordered a new network modem - so lets see if that fixes the problem