Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom shortcuts stopped working

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Custom shortcuts stopped working

Is it only me (i.e. my machine) or someone else has problems with custom shortcuts?
    In GnomeShell and its derivatives (fallback) even non-custom do not work...
    I have ricotz and G3 PPAs turned on...

Beans

Re: Custom shortcuts stopped working

Hi,
    Do you mean custom launchers, sim links and specifically Gnome shell + fallback?

I can no longer create a custom launcher in 13.04 alpha (Unity) due to nautilus. Drag and drop web links onto the desktop work fine however.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by midfingr View Post
    Hi,
    Do you mean custom launchers, sim links and specifically Gnome shell + fallback?

I can no longer create a custom launcher in 13.04 alpha (Unity) due to nautilus. Drag and drop web links onto the desktop work fine however.
    I mean: In gnome-control-center/keyboard there are two groups of shortcuts: one with 8 subgroups of „fixed“ and a group „Custom“. Those „Custom“ stopped working. They do not work either in GnomeShell (and its daughters: fallback, etc.) and in Unity. They worked nicely up to yesterday... I can change them, but they simply do not respond...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

It seemed that I've now lost even Ctrl-Alt-T (terminal) but it is back...
    For example Alt-F2 and such are working... None of Custom Shortcuts is working...
    Never mind Awesome is there to save a day...
    Last edited by zika; March 10th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

Beans

Ah, I see. Strange behavior. I haven't lost any keyboard shortcuts 'yet'. Although I completely lost the date/time application and had to re-install it--lol!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I will welcome any idea about what packages to reinstall to get shortcuts back...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Partial success: I have regained use of my shortcuts in Gnome shell. In fallback(with or without compiz) and unity no luck still... I can not report now how I did that because I changed themes and some other stuff. Once I get real picture what causes shortcuts to stop working I will report here. So, it is not (as many times up to now) borked system it is just a battle between unity, GS, and others... Self-inflicted od course, if I were to follow vanilla path with Ubuntu (unity) I would have escaped this problem, but would have learned less and...

Beans

On a new install the other day with gnome3 & gnome3 staging ppa's custom shortcuts were fine in Gs but broke in a ubuntu (unity) session with upgrades to g-s-d & g-c-c, which one don't know, they're joined at the hip..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    On a new install the other day with gnome3 & gnome3 staging ppa's custom shortcuts were fine in Gs but broke in a ubuntu (unity) session with upgrades to g-s-d & g-c-c, which one don't know, they're joined at the hip..
    I did not understand Your message on the first reading... I think I'm getting a grip and this evening I'll be able to decipher it... I'll have to look in g-s-d and g-c-c changelogs...

Beans

sorry -
    g-s-d = gnome-settings-daemon
    g-c-c = gnome-control-center

(being a 2 finger typist I look for the short way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast