Thread: Nautilus freezes when going to my music folder (killall command required)

Beans

Nautilus freezes when going to my music folder (killall command required)

Since my last hardware upgrade (and rsyncing across),
    My music folder has started to cause nautilus to lock up (causing me to use the killall command and restarting nautilus).
    And I know this is probably not a too many files/folders issue, since when I run nautilus as root, this does not happen; terminal has mentioned some thumbnail files being corrupt or unreadable so this seems to be a thumbnail issue.
    Is there a way to delete the thumbnails? (this issue is recursive since some thumbnails are further levels down in the file structure)

Thanks,

Edit: The issue is resolved after upgrading to 13.04
    Last edited by KBD20; May 1st, 2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: issue resolved

Beans

Re: Nautilus freezes when going to my music folder (killall command required)

http://mygeekopinions.blogspot.com/2...ail-cache.html
    Try that, it tells you how to delete the thumbnail cache. Hope that helps!

Beans

Thanks for the link,
    It didn't seem to help though.
    upon starting nautilus in terminal it did give the following error output.

Nautilus-Share-Message: Called "net usershare info" but it failed: 'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare: cannot open usershare directory /var/lib/samba/usershares. Error No such file or directory
    and this is what I get when entering one of my music folders (just showing one to give a general idea).

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Unable to create loader for mime type audio/flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Comma%20King%20-%20Smile%20Through%20The%20Stars.flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Unable to create loader for mime type audio/flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Daydream%20Anatomy%20-%20=AsymmetricGrind=%20(original%20mix).flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Daydream%20Anatomy%20-%20=AsymmetricGrind=%20(Remastered).flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/NWFA%20-%20A%20Lighthouse%20Waits.flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/NWFA%20-%20With%20All%20Clarity.flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Redshirt%20Theory%20-%2001%20-%20I%20Think%20It's%20Gonna%20Rain.flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Redshirt%20Theory%20-%2002%20Rattled%20Snake.flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Redshirt%20Theory%20-%2003%20San%20Diego%20(radio%20edit).flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Redshirt%20Theory%20-%2004%20The%20Redshirt%20Anthem.flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Tendril.flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Testudo%20-%20Pillium.flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/Testudo%20-%20Who%20Will%20Be%20There.flac: Unrecognized image file format

(nautilus:13625): GnomeDesktop-WARNING **: Error creating thumbnail for file:///home/kane/Music/beat_hazard_ultra_ost_flac/%7BX-FaCtOr%7D%20-%20X1%20-%2001%20Enigma.flac: Unrecognized image file format

I had been getting this on other files too, I also couldn’t seem to find the image it was drawing off of as well.
    I'm not sure why cache clearing didn't work though.

Thanks,

Beans

turn off the file manager plugin in gedit prefrences plugins

Beans

I found that since I didn’t have samba installed ,that what was causing the error, it now no longer shows up.
    The music directory still freezes up though;
    Where can I find the gedit preferences for the file manager?

Beans

After upgrading to 13.04 this issue seems to be resolved.